Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Kooks




Apparently I hadn't been living until this afternoon, when I first listened to The Kooks. I was perusing through Spotify's 'top songs' list as usual, and saw that this song called Petulia by The Kooks was attracting a large amount of attention. My curiosity got the best of me and I afforded myself a listen. Let's just say that I completely understood why the song was in the list. For lack of a better cliche, I felt like I had come home.

The Kooks is an English indie rock band primarily influenced by the 1960s British Invasion movement and the post-punk revival of the new millennium. They just released their third album, Junk of the Heart, on September 12th. Though the album falls under the genre of 'indie pop', each song is a complex and different personality that makes you fall in love. Hopefully, you like The Kooks as much as I now do :)


The Kooks - Junk of the Heart (Happy)

No comments:

Post a Comment