Thursday, November 10, 2011

Changes

Since I'm officially sixteen years old, I have decided that my posts will be more mature from now on. Yeah, right. Sometimes I feel as though I have the excitement level of a four year old, but as Marilyn Monroe once said, "It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

Lately, I have embarked on a baking rampage. In the last two and a half weeks, I  have baked two batches of cookies and a chocolate marble pound cake. I'm not really sure why this joy for baking is beginning now. I think it's due to the fact that ever since I became a Lacto Vegetarian, I haven't been able to truly enjoy dessert very frequently. About a month ago, something in me finally snapped and I decided to take things into my own hands. Thus, the baking rampage began.


My first batch of peanut butter chocolate chip cookies!


I recently went to Sky Zone and learned several things. First, it's very hard to find. We spent around twenty minutes driving back and forth past it before we finally found it. Second, I love trampolines. Okay, I knew that before, but still, love can be rekindled. Third, I'm terrible at dodge-ball. I need to work on improving my aim. Drastically. However, I did figure out that it's best to hit someone when they're trying to hit someone else, so their focus is diverted. 

Good news! The xx has started working on a second studio album! If you don't know what The xx is, you are clearly a lost soul. I'm not even going to bother explaining that it's a brilliant English indie pop band. 

Thanks to Harry Potter, every time I see the word brilliant, I always say it in a British accent in my head. 

I love my birthday's timing this year. It was very close to the release of Florence + the Machine's new album (See: Florence + the Machine). Also, my headphones recently broke and I was lucky enough to get a new pair as a present!

I'm really frustrated that there has been only one Chuck episode so far. I know a second one is airing tomorrow, but I'm unhappy nevertheless. There was supposed to be one last week, but for whatever reason, it didn't air. Also, I've heard they're not even shooting a complete season and will only end up airing half of it. What the heck?

A crucial event has taken place in my life. I have graduated from Clif Kid Z-Bars to Luna Women's Nutrition bars. This is a big step for me, because I have been eating those Z-Bars for about two years now. At first, it was a slow transition. I would switch off between the two for about a month so that I didn't feel a sudden change. Additionally, I had to decide what flavors of the Luna bar I was going to be relying on. I ended up deciding on Chocolate Peppermint Stick and Cookies 'n' Cream Delight. I'm not yet completely settled in yet, but I know that the Luna bar and I are off to a great start.  

I hope people are enjoying the long weekend! 
Happy Veterans Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment