Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Amy Leininger Mixtape


I know. I haven't made a mixtape in a REALLY long time. What can I say? Between three AP classes (who am I kidding? APUSH totally doesn't count), the ACT, and intense bouts of demotivation, I just haven't found the time. 

Okay, I'm done whining.

Anyway, just because I've been busy doesn't mean I haven't been stocking up on music. Quite the contrary, actually. I've been downloading like no other and I've got all my new obsessions ready to go for wnever the next family road trip to Chicago is.

The Amy Leininger Mixtape was actually a spur of the moment decision. I wasn't planning on making another mixtape like three weeks in advance or anything. The idea of it was conceived on a car ride to an Ellie Goulding performance (See: Starry Eyed). You can probably guess that a certain Amy Leininger had something to do with it and may be my muse or something weird like that. And you're right.

Amy Leininger is probably one of the few people I can closely identify my taste in music with. I'm not trying to say that  I'm hipster or anything, but sometimes it's hard to find people who match your taste in music almost completely. So it's only natural that she was showing me songs that I might like. As I found that I liked more and more of her music, she suggested that she could make me a mixtape of some music and I could make her one in return. Thus, The Amy Leininger Mixtape project was born. 

Many of the songs on the mixtape are not new. Tracks by Foster the People, Ellie Goulding, and Lykke Li were specific requests from Amy. 

Now that I'm done giving you a whole bunch of unnecessary information, here's the mixtape! Disclaimer: Since 8tracks is dumb and won't allow uploads of more than 2 tracks by the same artist or on the same album, the posted mixtape is an "abridged" version of the real mixtape

You can listen to complete mixtape on Spotify! - The Amy Leininger Mixtape





No comments:

Post a Comment