Sunday, April 8, 2012

Starry Eyed

Seeing artists perform live always has an exhilaration of its own, and Ellie Goulding was nothing less than spectacular. After getting to the Mall of America at 5:30 pm, we were suddenly disillusioned by the huge line of people already waiting outside Best Buy. The people at the front of the line would no doubt be getting the best view of Ellie, so we didn't waste any time joining the queue. The performance was to be at 7 pm, but we were already getting restless by 6:30 pm. It also didn't help that three middle school boys in front of us 
kept farting. 

When we were finally let in, it became very hard to find a good spot. Since three out of the four of us were "vertically challenged", this quickly became a sore point. We tried to work our way in through the crowd but to no avail. We had to settle for watching Ellie through cameras and phones. However, as soon as she approached the mic, none of it mattered. 

She started out with an acoustic performance of Guns and Horses, and then her cover of Elton John's Your Song. Your Song is one of my favorites by Ellie and it was actually the song that led me to discovering her. She then sang Starry Eyed and right after it, Lights. Let's just say that if I didn't love Ellie Goulding before, I definitely did after her performance of Lights. It was beyond amazing. Her vocals were dazzling, and when she transitioned into the remix version, everyone started jamming to the beat. 

Just when it felt like the night couldn't get any better, we found out that Ellie would take pictures with everyone and autograph CDs. We had to wait in a line again, but no one cared. All I could think about was meeting Ellie Goulding! When I finally did get to meet her, it wasn't disappointing. She was extremely sweet and funny! She mentioned how much she was enjoying her visit to Minnesota and how she wished she could go shopping at the MOA. All I could do was try and keep my giddiness under control. I was definitely starry eyed. 

Now that I've thoroughly bragged, I hope everyone else had an awesome spring break :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous!!! You are so luck to have met her, and it sounds like you had an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete