Sunday, July 15, 2012

The Green Smoothie Challenge: Day 4


My mom was at the farmer's market sometime this week, and brought home some sweet potatoes! Most people don't know this about me, but I relish sweet potato. It is one of my favorite vegetables and I think it deserves a lot more spotlight than it gets. 

You have probably deduced by now that I used sweet potato in today's smoothie. You're right.


Day 4 Recipe: 2 handfuls of organic spinach ~ 1/2 banana ~ 1/2 cup peeled, cubed, and boiled until soft sweet potato ~ 1 cup milk ~ 1/2 tsp vanilla extract ~ 1/2 tbsp honey

I'm not sure why, but I decided to use milk today instead of water. I didn't regret it, but the smoothie was just a little thicker than usual. I really liked the overall taste! I think this is definitely one of the better combinations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment