Monday, July 16, 2012

The Green Smoothie Challenge: Day 5


I made it! It's been five continuous days of spinach smoothies, and I still can't say I'm sick of it. I plan on doing Days 6 & 7 so that I can say I did it for a whole week, but I won't be able to blog about them.

Today's smoothie is almost a repeat. Almost. I haven't been able to get very creative because we haven't been grocery shopping in over a week. The farmer's market doesn't count because my mom used everything she bought before I had a chance to get my hands on a few berries.


Day 5 Recipe:
2 big handfuls of organic spinach
1 peeled and sliced peach
1 peeled and sliced kiwi
1 tablespoon of honey
1/4 cup of oats
1 cup of water


Yes, this is basically Day 1 except I replaced one of the peaches with a kiwi.  I decided that I really liked oats and honey mixed with fruit, so the combo has showed up a few times over these five days. 

I'm not sure if anyone tried to make their own spinach smoothie, but I can personally say that I'm glad I did. There are many benefits to making them and I know I felt more energetic and motivated. *They also taste great!

*depends on your combination 


No comments:

Post a Comment