Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Veggie Fest




Many of my close friends know that every year for the last three years, my family and I have been going to this event in Chicago called Veggie Fest. So what the heck is Veggie Fest?

VF is one of the largest vegetarian food festivals in North America. It's a family event that lasts two days and includes a huge international vegetarian food court, food demos of new vegetarian recipes, and experts speaking on vegetarianism, spirituality, and healthy living. It also features great live music and activities for the young ones! The cherry on top: Free parking and admission

Many people I know tell me that as a vegetarian, I must only eat salads. Granted, they are joking some of the time, but it's still quite frustrating. At Veggie Fest, it's obvious that vegetarians and vegans need and eat a lot more than salads. We're humans as well! We enjoy many of the same treats and dishes that "normal" people do, just with a few changes to the recipe.  

If you're a vegetarian or a vegan, know that there is an amazing annual festival ready to blow your mind. 



No comments:

Post a Comment