Saturday, March 23, 2013

Just Keep Swimming

It's that time of year. College decisions are being released, and I don't know about most of you, but I can't help but feel discouraged sometimes. I remember when I was a plucky freshman, motivated and fearless. Where did that Aditi go? I don't know. Part of me feels that she slowly disintegrated as high school got harder and harder. Some of these college decisions seem to squash that Aditi completely out of existence.

I'm one of those people that gets sick easily when I'm feeling especially blue. It's a terrible combination. On Thursday night, after getting another rejection, I came down with a fever. I spent my Friday eating Cream of Mushroom soup and watching Finding Nemo. It was definitely well-timed, because it reminded me: 



Maybe it's childish, but remembering this made me feel slightly better.

5 comments:

  1. I get to that point to. Or I tend to only allow myself to sleep for 6 hours or less. It's rough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang in there, Vicki! We will make it past this :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry that you were rejected. Keep swimming, and don't forget that you're still awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Megan. You're pretty awesome too. :)

      Delete